Pages

Friday, August 6, 2021

Umbrella

 Kia ora! Today I will be showing you my writing, in writing this week we have been writing a story called umbrella. We watched an animated video then wrote down some of the story. My favourite part about this create was that we brainstormed each sentence before we wrote it. This create was really fun to make hope you enjoy!

Can you find the simile that I wrote?




Umbrella


Early in the morning just before darkness fell, the gateway to Miss Elem’s Home For Children opened wide. The girl with the bright, sunflower yellow umbrella, angrily entered the orphanage before finding a home for her soaking wet, yellow umbrella. Not wanting to be seen Boris snapped his head around the door frame so that he was hidden from view. Standing off to the side the girl observed the glorious scene while the children dug in the box for her loved treasures. The girl brightened up while she watched the young boy speeding around the room like a rocket. Her smile quickly vanished as she looked back at the umbrella stand and all she saw were little cold wet puddles. Her treasured, precious umbrella had been stolen!




No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post