Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Should Schools Ban Junk Food?

 Should schools ban junkfood? 

My answer is no. Wouldn't you love to open your lunchbox and see a delicious burger and tasty chips waiting for you. I think junk food should be allowed in schools since every individual has the freedom and fundamental right to choose what they eat. Junk food is a common treat in your lunchbox, what if you have done something well and deserve a treat. If junk food was banned there would be less of a option of rewards. This is beneficial for those students who cannot afford expensive food. If you are against this then put a limit on the junk food kids are allowed to bring to school, like 1-2 treats a day. Junk foods are commonly known for their negative effects, but there are also many good benefits. For example ice cream provides calcium.  Whats your opinion on junk food in school?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Xavier,
    You make some very good points and reasons why school shouldn’t ban junk food. Sadly sometimes junk food is cheaper than healthy fruit and vegetables. And people do have the right to make their own decisions regarding what they eat. I would have liked you to have listed a couple of the good benefits of eating junk food to back up your statement regarding this! What is your favourite treat food?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post